Friday, July 17, 2009

Current work

I recently got a few emails from collectors that asked me " What are you working theses days." Above is one of the most recent painting I have finished. This piece will be in the Corridor Galley, in Seattle's Pioneer District at the beginning of next month and then it will make its way to the Zero Gallery, Portland Oregon. This painting has come to me in stages, it crystallized over 3 weeks. This work has to do with the the American economy and what is the future for America and the Middle East? I am not a political painter. I have no stance on these issues, only that I wish we could come to a conclusion that works for everyone. I listen to a lot of talk radio when I paint. I hear the news every 15 minutes so it has a way of sneaking into my work at times. Sorry the photo is so dark, it just means you will have to come see it. :-P De Leva...OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment