I paint on pieces until I feel then are finished. I know that sounds logical but how do you know when something is finished if you have no idea what the end result will be?

When I started creating art I was a Photo Realist, but after 3 years I got board of coping what I was looking at, besides I didn't see the point in poorly imitating a camera. 

My Art is a log or journal of where my mind has been for the hours I have been working.
One thought leads into the next, that is why my work is busy and seems to be fragmented. This is how I am inspired to keep painting.


Here is an example of a painting I have been working on for the last 3 weeks.


 The painting seems to be at half stage, although I can never be quite sure. I have some paintings go through 3 or 4 finished states before they are complete. I think it has to do with the fact that my skill has not caught up with where the painting is going. I have had paintings take 4 years to complete, that's working on them 2 to 3 hours a day. Some times I will show works because I think they are finish only to realize later on I need to go back in to them.