Don DeLeva art : vulnerable

Don Deleva art

Madison Price :  .250 Ply wood, acrylic paint, varnish,  8"x 10" 10/2016
SOLD: Marty and Tony Price.

This painting brings me to a place in my work that is easy to criticize. It's a cat dressed in a jacket...

Why do I feel the need to explain this?
One, I painted it as a gift.
Two, I have a cat and yes I think she is cute as hell.
Three, I have come to a place in my 30 years of painting that I am done with the critics in my head and hands.

I just want to paint. I have only about 15 to 20 years left and I just want to paint and promote it the way that is most comfortable to me.

Maybe you get to a place in your life that you realize the things that are truly you are the most powerful for you.
For example, I would much rather be painting then socializing. I think this has been a major component in why my work is not more commonly known.