Neo Cubism, The consistent persistence of Ada Lovelace. Acrylic Painting by Don DeLeva

portrait of Ada Lovelace. first finish 4.25.2019. Acrylic on wood panel 16"x16"

portrait of Ada Lovelace. first finish Rotated  4.25.2019. Acrylic on wood panel 16"x16"

The consistent persistence of Ada Lovelace. Second finish 4.25.2019. Acrylic on wood panel 16"x16".


I have been battling with this painting for the last three weeks. I had finished it last night but it just kept bugging me, thus the first finish and first title. I couldn't decide what way was down. I wanted to get the feeling of Math, grids and punch cards clouding Ada's thoughts. It kinda worked but it was way to literal and it needed the flow and emotion of being electrified by Math and the Decision machine. So I used 60 grit sand paper to bring the emotion and electricity of her creativity.

Creativity is a fragile fleeting thing and full of energy even software developers are electrified by it' s presence.

Thank you Ada!!